Advance Drug Discovery..

been waiting for it since i came back from germany..waited n waited..now tat it is finally here, i wished it nv came..n i even declare tat no matter wat happen today, i MUST go to the library..sigh..人算不如天算..anyway, i still managed to crawl to the library la..been studyin ADD these few days..kekeke..tot of "showing off" my skills sikit..

one of my greatest enemy : dysmenorrhoea (aka menstrual cramp/pain)..pain is defined as "an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage or described in terms of such damage"..in my case should be both actual AND potential tissue damage ba..my ion channels n TRPV-1 receptor mus b very de busy now..

so, why is there a need for novel strategies in the treatment of pain??acc to the notes, it is cos of lack of efficacy, dose limiting adverse effects and unwanted side effects..

i wonder if there is a mutation in a certain gene tat can cause certain individuals to haf dysmenorrhoea..if so issit a autosomal recessive mutation o a dominant mutation??if it is a recessive mutation, will gene therapy help??if it is a dominant mutation, will antigenes, antisense, SiRNA and ribozymes work??

if gene augmentation and inactivation is not rational for treatment of dysmenorrhoea, then screening of potential ligands by molecular modelling should be done..this can save time and cost..

for more info, pls refer to module notes and slides..it is important to read on the essential reference for some chapters..加油!!

hmm..i guess for the evalution part of my pdp on ADD can now be completed..

Please describe an example of how you have applied what you have learnt:

I applied what I have learnt by linking each of the chapters that I am going to do in the Finals and post it on my blog..

conclusion : study continously for more than 2 hours can make an idiot like me go crazy..

0 comments: